Steps to Take After Graduation
Please follow these steps to ensure academic proficiency, regulatory board compliance and professional protection if practicing in Ontario.
If practicing in another province, click below for contact details for provincial associations.
Step 1: Examinations
- Apply for CCEB exams.
Visit this web page for instructions:
- CCO exam application:
- Take the CCEB and CCO examinations.
– CCEB Knowledge-Based examinations
– CCEB Clinical Competency examinations
– CCO Legislation and Ethics examination
Did you know?
CCEB examination results take approximately five weeks to process. Upon successful completion of the CCEB examination and CCO Legislation and Ethics Examination, CCO will send candidates an application form to be completed for membership.
Step 2: For Licensing, apply to CCO
Get familiar with the key CCO registration requirements and what the registration process involves: www.cco.on.ca
Prospective CCO members must first:
- Graduate from an accredited chiropractic college
(this requirement is non-exemptible)
- Successfully complete the Canadian Chiropractic Examining Board examinations
- Successfully complete CCO’s Legislation and Ethics examination.
For questions about registration:
Step 3: Apply to OCA and CCA
- Join Now!
Visit bit.ly/JoinOCANow for membership details on OCA site.
- If you have questions contact OCA at 416-860-0070
Did you know?
CCPA protection is only available to chiropractors in Canada who are members of the CCA and their provincial chiropractic association.
Step 4: Apply to CCPA
To qualify, make sure to meet this checklist of requirements:
- A Doctor of Chiropractic Degree from an accredited chiropractic college, such as CMCC, UQTR or University of Western States
- Successful completion of the CCEB examination
- Licensure from your relevant provincial regulator
- Membership in good standing in the Canadian Chiropractic Association and your relevant provincial chiropractic association such as the OCA.
- Register for membership with CCPA.
Visit www.ccpaonline.ca and click “BECOME A CCPA MEMBER” on the top right corner.